Friday, April 5, 2013

Amanda's daily affirmation... (I love my job, and my school, and my whole house...)

Happy Friday! (Cause you know, I can say that now that you actually have a normal person schedule.)

Perk #952 of working for McGregor: If, while you happen to be dropping off cupcakes at your rent-a-kid's school for her birthday, your phone alerts you that the ambulance is transporting and there is no one to staff a second truck, you can text back that you will be there in 10 mins. Then, promptly park in their spots which are much closer to your classes, refill your coffee from the free Keurig machine, and sit on the couch hoping that a call will come in so you don't have to go to calculus. (Unfortunately, no one felt the need to rescue me from the Fundamental Theorum of integral calculus by needing to be rescued. Ahh well.)

Not a bad start to a day that I anticipated was going to suck, being that I got out of work at 6am this morning. Mood is infinitely improved by free coffee. Also I had a nice breakfast to convince myself that a 45 min nap would just make me feel more sleepy. 

Tonight, Emily and I are going on an adventure up to York Beach because I've never been and picnics are awesome. Jackets required. Tomorrow I am working a 24 hour shift in Somersworth, which is fun except that I have no clue where I am when I work there.

[As I am typing this, in Rudman Hall, (The bio labs) there is a professor who's lab I'm trying to get into one classroom over. I'm hoping he will walk by me so I can bug him because he is NOTORIOUSLY difficult to get a hold of. So naturally every time I hear footsteps I look up. And 5/10 times it's been the same woman walking by. She has since called me out as being "easily distracted, you keep looking up every time I walk by!" Oh well.]

Tomorrow is Miss Katherine's birthday, and on Sunday I'm going to watch her as a bluebird in Cinderella. Could not be cuter. Hurts my heart.

She is the goofy-faced one on the right. Not sure why Teagan has 2 different colored shoes on...


Now my love, I must go, and learn about genetics and molecules and other biologically related things like that. Punnet squares are my favorite. <3

Second favorite, I mean. You are clearly my favorite biological entity.

Lerv fererver!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment